The philosophy of brand storytelling in the digital era has undergone a seismic shift. Traditional publicity tactics are failing to reach audiences armed with the technology to skip over and ignore advertising messages. Internet-connected users can cherry-pick their media diet based on their individual preferences and desires, meaning that brands must fight harder than ever before to captivate target audiences.
Modern audiences consume content on their own terms: when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Engaging stories—not banner ads—are resonating today.
So how does a brand go about creating shareable content?
1. Listen to your target market: What stories are they sharing? What meta-narratives are they following?
2. Leverage Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Set up search streams with relevant keywords.
3. Engage with your audience: Ask them to participate in your campaigns.
4. Emotively convey classic story structures: Evoke inspirational feelings.
5. Strategically build momentum: Schedule your social channels to release content at the same time; target influencers and amplifiers that will share your content with a large and captive audience.
At Southcott Strategy, we have developed a comprehensive blueprint for your company’s content marketing initiatives. Follow the link below to access our step-by-step guide: